Ann Arbor 2013
Ann Arbor 2013
May 31 - July 27, 2013
Want to see our LT Promo Videos??
Important Program Dates
- Kickoff Retreat: May 31 - June 7 [Grace Adventures, Silver Lake, MI]
- Mid-LT Dual Retreat: June 28 - 29 [ONE NIGHT only. Locations TBA)]
- NLT Getaway Weekend: July 12 - 14 [NEW for LT 2013! More details to come]
- Closing Ceremonies: July 26- 27 [Location TBA}
Costs and Payments
NO Application Fee for first time LT participants until March 24 at 11:59pm!!
$75 off the Program Cost for the first 75 LT applicants!!
Must have both completed the online application and paid the Application Fee (unless this is your first LT, then your App Fee is waived and you only need to submit the online Application)
- LT 2013 Program Cost: $675
- This program cost includes weekly sessions, food and lodging at retreats listed above, LT materials, and other program costs to help us make this an awesome summer.
- We don't want costs to keep you from joining us this summer. Please talk to your New Life Team Leader or another NLC staff member for information on how you can support raise to cover the program costs and other options that may be available to help.
- A $15 late fee will applied for each payment submitted after midnight on the dates listed above. Our goal in setting this fee is to help ensure that our staff can focus on the success of the LT program, rather than tracking down unpaid fees.
- Please note that you will not be allowed to participate in LT unless your full payment has been received by the final due date.
|First $200||by April 21|
|Additional $200||by May 12|
|Remaining $275||by May 31|
|Application Fee||If paid by...|
|$0||for first time LTers before March 24 at 11:59pm!|
|$35||for returning LTers before March 24 at 11:59pm|
|$55||March 25 - April 21 at 11:59pm|
|$75||April 22 and thereafter|
You can pay online via electronic check or credit card. Be sure to choose the "[Registration Fees] Leadership Training" giving category.
Make checks payable to "New Life Church". Write "LT Payment" on the memo line and drop it off at the Information Center before, during, or immediately after NLC Sunday Services, or mail it to:
New Life Church
1541 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The LT Program events will typically take place on Sundays (all day), Mondays (evening), Wednesdays (evening), and Thursdays (evening). The Kickoff Retreat is a week-long retreat, while the other retreats are typically Friday-Sunday.
Part of the LT Program is that each participant will be either working, volunteering or taking classes/studying for 32 hours each week. A combination of those three options is permitted as long as it reaches the 32 hour requirement. It is the responsibility of each LT participant to secure employment/volunteering/classes. If you are unable to do so, you are required to spend 32 hours a week seeking these options and to check in weekly with the LT Jobs/Volunteer Coordinator and your NLT Leader. Please read through the LT Employment Covenant and ask your NLT Leader if you have any questions or concerns.
Each LT participant is required to secure their own housing for the summer. We encourage LTers to live with other LTers in order to get the most from their LT experience. Housing in the summer is significantly cheaper in Ann Arbor than during the school year, and many New Life Teams find housing together. Please check with your NLT Leader for help finding housing for the summer.
LT Standards of Conduct
A crucial part of the LT Program is growing in character and maturity in Christ. We ask every participant to agree to adhere to the LT Standards of Conduct in order to participate in LT. Please read through the LT Standards of Conduct before you apply and ask your NLT Leader if you have any questions or concerns about the content.
Apply to LT
Please expect to spend at least 25-40 minutes completing the online application. The application is fairly comprehensive, covering many areas of your spiritual journey, and we ask that you complete it with honesty and openness. Also, due to the nature of the LT program, we do not automatically accept all applicants.
For your application to be considered fully complete and ready for review, please make sure you do the following:
1. Complete the entire online application.
2. Pay the Application Fee (see "Costs and Payment" section above), unless this is your first LT and then the App Fee is waived.
3. Ask the NLC staff member who knows you the best to fill out a Staff Reference Form. Please copy the link below and send it to the staff member in an email.
4. If you are financially dependent on your parents or still a student, please ask your parent or guardian to fill out the Parent/Guardian Acknowledgement Form. Please copy the link below and send it to your parent/guardian in an email.
The order we receive these items is not important, but we will not review your application until we have all 4 items.
Got a Question?
Please talk to your New Life Team Leader or one of the 2013 LT Directors:
Chris Gentz email@example.com
Jess Hibma firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Mann email@example.com
Kyle Chase firstname.lastname@example.org
LT Ann Arbor FAQ
Why do LT Ann Arbor?
LT is a chance to grow more in your relationship with God, in personal character, and in discipleship with your friends. Plus, here are a few reasons why it's cool to stick around A2 during the summer:
- You'll get to learn how to do ministry in the setting you're in all-year-round.
- You'll get to learn how to resist the temptations you face all-year-round.
- You'll be able to spend time getting input from all the staff and pastors together in one city.
- You'll be able to take classes so that you can graduate early or take lighter course loads.
- Ann Arbor is very different in the summer than in the cold winter. It has beautiful parks to explore, a laid-back environment, summer festivals (art, music, film), etc.
How could God use LT to transform my life?
There's a life-transforming power in living in community with other believers who are taking steps of faith and obedience and pursuing a deeper relationship with God. As we learn together and see each other put into practice what we're learning, we'll all be encouraged and sharpened like in Proverbs 27:17 and Ephesians 4:15-16. LT is not about theory but learning the nuts & bolts about how to love God, love people and be a leader for Him!
What are some highlights of LT?
- Developing a deeper, more intimate relationship with God by learning how to make pursuing God a lifestyle.
- Having many opportunities to be real and honest with others. Many people walk away from the summer with great freedom and victory from being known and having a strong support structure.
- Being refined/sharpened by living in community with others.
- Learning how to glorify God and reach out to others in your job.
- Learning ministry skills and practicing ministering to others.
Where will I work during LT?
Many Lters find a job in Ann Arbor or in the surrounding areas if you have transportation to get you there. The University typically hires many students during the summer for hourly work, and you could also look into internships for your major with the U or companies in the area. It is the responsibility of each LTer to secure employment or internships for the summer, but there will be an LT Jobs/Volunteer Coordinator who will be a resource to you if you're having trouble finding a position.
What if I don't need to work but need to take summer classes or want to volunteer?
Taking classes at an accredited College or University or volunteering at an established organization are great ways to spend your summer while at LT. Each LT participant is required to spend 32 hours each week either working, volunteering and/or taking classes/studying or any combination of those options. New Life Church often has volunteering opportunities for LT participants. Check with the LT Jobs/Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
Where will I live?
For the full LT experience, we encourage you to live in sublets with other LT'ers (ideally whole housing units that are composed exclusively of LT'ers) and cook/clean/do-life-together. We'll help you by giving you recommendations on how to plan meals for the week, coordinate shopping, cooking, doing chores - basically everything to make the experience the best it can be.
What if I already have an apartment or house on campus?
You could sublet it only to LT'ers for a full LT experience, or if you have roommates they could find other sublets and probably make more money by putting multiple LT'ers in their rooms.
Couldn't I just live in Ann Arbor and come to part of LT or whichever LT events I want?
LT is a program that incorporates many events and activities over the span of 8 weeks that are designed to fit together and build on one another. This allows us to create an atmosphere of a more focused and consistent discipleship community of people committed to following God and helping each other along the journey. In order to create this space for community, discipleship and growth, it is important that LT participants are committed to the whole 8 weeks of LT.
If you cannot commit to the entire LT program, but still want to be involved in the New Life Church community during the summer, there will still be Sunday services and small groups happening throughout the summer that we would love for you to check out. Please talk to your New Life Team Leader for more information.